Computer viruses come in several forms these days. They can replicate themselves and move from computer to another to provide damage to the stored files and devices. The virus usually comes through in the form of a document, file, or a program, and infects your computer. It can steal your passwords, erase all your data, spam your email contacts, and do a lot more annoying things for you. Hence, it is better to stay protected with an ideal computer security product. Norton is one of the first names that come in mind when we think of online and computer security.
The brand has evolved from time to time and given products that have protected our devices, identity, online privacy, and more. Get the choice of your Norton setup from norton.com/setup.
Steps to uninstall older Norton or other antivirus software
Firstly, it is essential to check if you have any existing antivirus software installed on your computer. If it is there, you need to first uninstall it before proceeding to download the Norton setup. Follow these steps from successfully uninstalling existing antivirus programs:
1. Click the Start button present on the bottom-left side of your computer screen.
2. Now, go to the Control Panel section.
3. After the Panel opens, select the Programs and Features option if you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 version.
4. If you use Windows Vista, go to Uninstall a program section.
5. If you are a Windows XP user, hit the Add or Remove Programs button.
6. The list of installed application will pop up, and you can choose the antivirus program that you want to uninstall.
7. You will get the option to uninstall or remove, depending on your OS. Click any of the available options when you see.
8. Follow the instructions and complete the uninstallation process.
9. Click the Next button when it shows on the screen to get done with the process.
10. Hit the Restart button, and your antivirus program will be uninstalled.
Steps to Download and Install Norton Setup
Once you uninstall the existing antivirus program from your computer, it is super easy to download the Norton setup. Go through these steps to complete the downloading process:
1. Find the browser icon in your computer and double-click on it to open. Once it begins, visit www.norton.com/setup.
2. Then, Log in with your registered Norton account.
3. You will have to make a new Norton account if you don’t have one.
4. When you open your Norton account for the first time, you get to choose one from two options on the screen – Install on this device and Install on other devices.
5. Move ahead with the process by clicking the Agree & Download button.
6. Run the download file after locating it from the specific download folder of your browser.
7. Once the User Account Control pops up on screen, select the ‘Continue’ button.
8. Keep going with the instructions that appear on the screen.
9. Your Norton setup will be successfully downloaded and installed.
Steps to activate Norton setup
Activation of your Norton product is necessary to get all the benefits from it. You need to stay connected with an internet connection to complete the activation process. Follow the below-given instructions:
1. Again, launch your PC browser and visit norton.com/setup.
2. Log in to your Norton account with the dedicated email ID and password.
3. Note down your Norton product activation key either from your mail or CD.
4. If you have bought the Norton setup online, you will get the key from your purchase mail dropped in your registered email ID.
5. If you got the Norton product from the store, the activation key would be either printed on the backside of the CD or a particular card.
6. Enter the exact 25 digits Norton product activation code in the asked section and hit the Activation button later on.
7. Read all the given instructions properly and agree to activate your Norton product successfully.